Mill Stories

Coats Land

Coats Land is a 150 mile stretch of land on the coast of the Antarctic. It was discovered by the Scottish National Arctic Exhibition (1902-1904) led by William S Bruce on the research ship “The Scotia“. It was named after Major Andrew Coats and his younger brother James Coats junior of the Paisley thread-making company who provided over £30,000 towards financing the venture.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail